Monday, August 25, 2008

What have I done...

So school is starting this week, and today I had to take Ivy with me to a mandatory meeting about a bunch of stuff I already have forgotten. But afterwards I thought to myself what have I done?...I have chosen to go to school for a degree that will make me be in school for the REST of my life? What was I possibly thinking when I decided to be a teacher? I am sure I thought, hey I love kids, I am pretty good with kids, I can teach...but I wonder why I didn't think....wait...I hate school! I also hate long long hours, and no money, so again, what was I thinking when I decided to be a teacher?

Oh-well, hopefully my love of kids will outweigh the fact that I am perpetually going to be in elementary school! Ugh...Do you remember elementary? The smell of rotten milk and soggy green beans?
I do love kids though, but then I had one and I now realize I really love only one kid, and I want to be with her 24/7 not other peoples...but hey at least I will be exceptionally reimbursed for my love and commitment to other peoples children with my wonderful teacher's salary :)

So a side note....actually that whole beginning was the side note, now for the real stuff...
I just turned 358 months old, and on Friday Jonathan will be 420 months (ya old fart!)and Ivy will soon be a big 13 month old!! My birthday was picture perfect thanx to my wonderful husband to be! We just hung out, all together, and I got gifts which is really all I care about! Jonathan got me a camera that is amazing, almost intimidating really, but I love it! He said he didn't spend too much money on it, but I am now afraid we won't be eating for the rest of the month, (that is how nice the camera is!) But we will have wonderful pictures and video's of our deprivation!

Ivy is just becoming such a little person! She plays 'Boo', she doesn't concern herself with the 'Peek-a' part, just goes straight for the BOO! She has decided her main form of communication is now going to be in the form of EARSPLITTING screams, which is fun for us! She is being kind of finicky eating, she will gobble something up one minute, and two minutes later totally throw it across the kitchen, which is also fun! Our house is filled with screams and projectile toast or noodles! How could that not be fun!?
So...that is all for now...wish me luck on school...for the rest of my life! Jonathan is also having a stressful week at work so we all might decide to communicate in earsplitting screams this week and throw our food! Anybody wanna come over for dinner? It will be fun, I promise! :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Whitney you're so funny! This post made me laugh. You'll be a great teacher and you'll love it - right?!
Happy Late Birthday! We want to have a little party for you and Jonathan - maybe Sunday? I'll call you guys. Maybe Ivy will do some food throwing to entertain us. :) Sorry Jonathan is having a bad week. That's no fun!
Now that you have a new camera you can add some PICTURES to your blog!! (hint, hint)

Nanette Hirschi said...

I want to come over for Dinner! Sounds fun and exciting:) You will be an amazing teacher. Lucky kids that will someday be in your class! Maybe Ivy will get to be one of your students...you never know. I love reading your blog! I didn't notice Mich had you listed...she had to tell me!!